Golf cart wheels come in many sizes and styles. So how do you know which ones are right for your vehicle? One of the most important factors to consider is the size of tire and wheel that your golf car requires. This guide to golf cart tire and wheel sizes will help you choose the right fit.
How To Read Tire Measurements for Different Types of Tires
There are two main types of tires for golf cars: low profile tires and all-terrain tires. The type of tire you choose for your golf car will determine the format in which the tire’s measurement is written. Read on for an explanation of each type of measurement.
Low Profile Tires
Low profile tires, as the name suggests, are thinner and have a lower profile than most other types of tires. Because of this, large low profile tires can be used on a golf car without a lift kit. One common size for low profile tires is 205/50-10. In this measurement:
- 205 represents the diameter of the tire in millimeters.
- 50 represents the width of the tire’s sidewall in millimeters. When the diameter is divided by the width, the ratio of the two can be found.
- 10 represents the diameter of the center of the tire in inches. This measurement indicates the size of the wheel that the tire should be mounted on.
You can easily convert these measurements to inches when necessary.
All-terrain tires are more heavy-duty than low profile tires, but they still have a fairly smooth tread that allows a car with these tires to drive on different types of surfaces. All-terrain tires usually require a lift kit since they are bulkier than low profile tires. If an all-terrain tire has a measurement of 22 x 11 x 10,
- 22 represents the diameter of the tire in inches.
- 11 represents the width of the tire’s sidewall in inches.
- 10 represents the diameter of the center of the tire in inches.
Now that you know the basics of golf cart tire and wheel sizes, you’ll be able to choose a tire and wheel that properly fits your vehicle. Keep in mind that if you choose large wheels, you may need to purchase a lift kit to install your new wheels. When you’re considering which wheels to purchase, be sure to consider TNT Cart Part’s golf cart tire and wheel packages. We carry all kinds of tires in various sizes, as well as many wheel sizes in different finishes. Shop with us and find the part that will complete your golf cart!